Saturday, October 9, 2010

BYU- I DO....

Like I’ve mentioned before, I go to BYU-Idaho. Most of the times though, the school is nicknamed BYU-I DO. Want to know why? Well..that’s because marriage is pushed here SOOOO much. In all of my classes, the teachers say.."If you have to miss class for your wedding, your roommates wedding, your brother's wedding, or your niece's wedding...please make sure you make up the work." What the heckkkkkk....??

Everyone here is like...."I WANT TO GET MARRIED!!!!" Hold your horsesss! my gosh. Like really....you have the REST OF YOUR LIFE....including ETERNITY. are you positive that you want to get married now....? (Especially if you're 18 or 19....) Everyone just gets married so young. I mean, don't get me wrong..its a great thing! I totally want to get married one day. I'm just also really happy that I get to appreciate my youth a little bit longer. I mean...I just turned 18 like a second ago. Its just that being single is so hard here because everyone is pushing marriage so much...and dating too. It's like if you're not with someone, then you're not appealing. ummm that's NOT true. Although I believe this myth sometimes...I definitely try to avoid that nasty little lie.

I’m going to guess that my future husband is on his mission right now…hopefully. Even though I don’t know who he is….it’s okay if I say that I’m waiting for him. I DON”T want to get engaged now. I want to take some time and enjoy being single. I really think that when people take the time and get to know themselves, then they can really get to know someone else. However, if someone isnt really sure of who they are yet, and they’re looking for husbands, or even for boyfriends…then it just seems like it’s slightly rushed. On the other hand though, dating can help you learn more about yourself, and how you interact with people around you. I don’t think it’s bad when people date, or they find someone that they love…I just want to be SURE. Right now, I’m taking the time enjoying who I am…getting to know who I am. That way, when I find someone who I can date, and eventually marry, then I can be sure that I am ready, because I know who I am. The important thing to remember is…know who you are and what you stand for. Don’t let some boy…or some girl change that. Also, I feel like so many people don’t understand the concept of marriage, or even the concept of love in general…..but I guess I can’t say much. I know for sure that I don’t know what love is (in the romantic sort of way). In the “I love my family” way…then yeah, I definitely know what that feels like. I love my family so much! But I think that when you get married, it’s a different kind of love. I just hope that I can know the difference between love and really really really like. Of course I’m only 18…but it’s still something to think about. And since I’m 18….of course I don’t want to rush in to anything. So for now…I’m really going to enjoy being single, and just wait for that guy to come around. Of course it would be fun to go on dates now, and meet more guys here at BYU-I, but its not the right time for me yet. The Lord plays a part in everything, and I believe that. I guess I’ll just have to wait for the right time, and guy to come along first. The wait may seem long…but I really think that for ME…it’ll prepare me for that much more in the long run… :)

1 comment:

  1. hm i've never heard that nickname before...
    and neice's wedding?... how old are these students there and why are they all asking you to marry them? you tell em jules! ;)

    ReplyDelete